- Foundation Session Planning
September 3, 2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Succession planning contemplates how a foundation will be administered after the current decision makers are no longer able to be involved: it focuses on who is going to make decisions and how those decisions will be made. If a foundation is going to survive to the next generation, putting in place a succession plan is essential for a successful transition.
Succession planning requires:
- identifying the donor’s goals for the foundation,
- identifying proper leadership who can carry out those goals,
- putting in place the legal rules to give the successors the authority to carry out the goals, and
- guidance and education for the successor leaders.
This presentation will focus on the practical issues of succession planning. The audience will be small enough to encourage audience participation and questions during the presentation.
If you have questions to be included in the presentation, please send to Amanda Buckley by August 31st.
Free to WPN Members and $50.00 for Nonmembers.
Contact Amanda Buckley, Director of Program Development
Due to COVID-19, this program will be online using Zoom. Amanda Buckley will provide more information on how to use Zoom and codes closer to the event date and as you register.