Stevens Point, Wisconsin (October 26, 2018) – The Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin has awarded $248,600 in Community Grants to 49 programs throughout 38 local charitable organizations that benefit community needs throughout Portage and Waushara Counties.
“These grants are going directly to non-profit organizations who are addressing our community’s needs to help people, enhance education, enrich arts and culture, contribute to wellness, and improve the environment,” said Mike Lauterbach, Co-Chair of the Grants Committee for the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin.
Grant Recipients Include (in alphabetical order):
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Wisconsin
- Boys & Girls Club of Portage County
- CAP Services, Inc.
- Central Rivers Farmshed
- Central Wisconsin Children's Museum
- Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services
- Community Friends
- CREATE Portage County
- Creative Caring Hearts
- Evergreen Community Initiatives
- Friends of Standing Rocks Park
- Interfaith Food Pantry of Portage County
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin
- Meals on Wheels of Stevens Point
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Opera for the Young
- Operation Bootstrap
- Point Dance Ensemble
- Portage County Health & Human Services
- Portage County Literacy Council
- Reading First!
- Riverfront Jazz Festival
- Saxeville Community Church
- St. Vincent de Paul Community Center
- Stevens Point Area YMCA
- Stevens Point Child Safety Center, Inc.
- Stevens Point Sculpture Park
- The Portage County Cultural Festival
- Twelve Apostles Musky Club, Inc.
- VITA/TCE Income Tax Preparation
- VSA Wisconsin, Inc.
- Waushara County Food Pantry
- Waushara Prevention Council, Inc.
- Welcomed Inc.
- Woodlands Church
“We are grateful to the very generous supporters who have contributed to the Community Foundation. We are able to award these well-deserved grants to local programs and organizations that are creating an impact for good in central Wisconsin and we are honored to support them as they work to improve the quality of life in Portage and Waushara Counties,” said Katy Olson, Co-chair of the Grants Committee for the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin.
The Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships, grants and opportunities to make Central Wisconsin a better play to grow, to work, to play and to retire. For more information on how you can give back to your community and accomplish your philanthropy goals, please visit www.cfcwi.org.